Switching Up A Sketch

So, took the MFT sketch for this week:

And switched it up.  I took the 3 boxes and made them into sentiment “strips” and took the sentiment strip and made it into an image “box”.

3-18-19 MFT Sketch Switch

So, not really “playing by the rules”, but making it my own.

My amazing friend got this adorable set for me and I just had to use it and make something fun.

Thanks for spending some of your valuable time with me!


Doggone Birthdays

This was created for my husband’s birthday, which is coming up.  We have a corgi and MFT just came out with the CUTEST Stamp set: BB Best In Show.  Fortunately, my friend ordered it and let me borrow it, as I was at her house when it arrived.

3-16-19 Rob Bday Outside

3-16-19 Rob Bday Inside

Our corgi looks a whole lot more like the one on the inside.  I’m thinking my husband is really going to like this one.  Just wanted to share it, as I know he’ll never see it on here and it turned out pretty cute.  My Favorite Things has some of the cutest sets you can imagine.

Thanks for spending some of your valuable time with me today!  Have a great rest of your weekend.

Black Card

I love the fact that you can stamp on black card with Distress Oxide Inks.  Try it.

3-12-19 MFT Sketch 1

Just use a few different Distress Oxide Inks on black card with the MFT Floral Fantasy Background stamp to create this background.  Cut a heart out of it and added a sentiment from the MFT Beautiful Blessings set.

Here’s what I did with the leftovers:

3-12-19 MFT Sketch Flip

Just having a bit of fun using the same stuff.

The Distress Oxide colors I used were: twisted citron, peacock feathers, wilted violet, and carved pumpkin.

I made both of these cards in about 30-40 minutes, from start to finish.  Quick and easy and two nice cards to send to people.

Thanks for spending some of your valuable time with me today.

Flowers and Wings

Another one for something else, but made it according to the March GKD challenge.

3-10-19 STV Flower WCC Wing Prayer

The daisy and the ladybug come from the Daisy Delight set.  The sentiment comes from the Sending Love set.  The card is Wild Dandelion, which is a nice yellow.  I used gold embossing powder, some red card with black embossing powder for the ladybug, and different shades of brown and yellow inks from GKD to color the flower.  I was picturing it as a sunflower, rather than a daisy.

Popped the ladybug up with a foam dot to give some dimension.  The sentiment is stamped with Coral Reef ink.  Added a few sequins in different colors.

Thanks for spending some time with me today.

Fairy Prayer

I was trying to use the Hero Arts Fairy Window die with different papers.  In doing this, I realized my Cuttlebug has gotten to the end of it’s life.  Even with new plates, it didn’t cut well.  Fortunately, I have a Spellbinder’s Grand Calibur, which worked.  So, wanted to use what I made, that was useable.  (The vellum wasn’t savable after cutting it with the Cuttlebug.  I’m very sad about this, as I’ve had the Cuttlebug for a very long time.)

For this one, I used some glitter paper I got from My Favorite Things, which they no longer have.  It goes perfectly with the Plum Punch card at Gina K Designs.  Also used Tuskineko Brilliance Archival Pigment Ink Pad in Peacock.  I just used the bright green, as I thought it needed a bit of color, besides pink/plum.  (Apparently, this isn’t readily available anymore.  Yes, I keep and treasure/use sparingly what I actually purchase.)

Anyway, here’s the card.

3-8-19 HA WCC Wing & Prayer 2

I just love all the sparkle.  Putting this one in the A Blog Named Hero challenge, as well.

Thanks for spending some of your valuable time with me today!  Have a wonderful weekend.

Praying for You

Sometimes, you just need to let someone know you are praying for them.  It means the world to them.

3-8-19 HA WCC Wing & Prayer again

I had made some backgrounds with Nuvo Embellishment Mousse, a while back.  Not sure what all the colors I used were, but I really liked the background.  I pulled out this plum paper and used the Fairy window die from Hero Arts.  Also used the Spectrum Noir sparkle pen to add some sparkle just to the fairy wings.  Embossed the sentiment from the Beautiful Blessings 2 set with the Hero Arts silver embossing powder.

Using a stamping platform allowed me to put the background, with the die cut window on top, place my sentiment, then pull off the die cut and stamp and emboss the sentiment, without messing up all my work.  After that I put it all together knowing the sentiment was just where I wanted it.

I made this one for a specific reason, but I’m also going to use it in the A Blog Named Hero challenge for the month.  Haven’t played along with that one for a while and as this has a couple of the colors, figured I would make it for both.

Thanks for spending some time with me today!


Dog Blanket

No, this is not a candle, nor is it a paper project, but wanted to share this.

I started learning to crochet last summer.  Last night, finished off a blanket I made using some Bernat Pet Blanket yarn.  I had started off making a dog jacket for my little dog, but wasn’t liking the pattern very well, as well as figured trying to get it on Milo would be horrible.  So, used a baby blanket pattern (adjusted a bit) and made a dog blanket.  My husband thought it was too big for him, but when he lays on his side with his legs sticking out, it works.

Wanted to share it with.

3-7-19 Milo with his basketweave blanket

This is Milo, too.

Thanks for spending some of your time with me today!  Hopefully my wee beastie brought a smile to your face.