Today I made an elephant card that was kind of fun.
- Silver Shimmer Sheet from Lasting Impressions
- Scuffer from Lasting Impressions
- Stencil L9577 from Lasting Impressions
- Patterned paper from the Me & My Big Ideas Value Paper Pack
- Ribbon from Michael’s
- Card stock from Recollections
- Sentiment stamp from Stampin Up Have a Heart set
- Fleur De Lis Accents from Spellbinders
- Braid punch from EK Success
- 3-in-1 Advanced Craft Glue from Beacon’s
- Scotch Advanced Tape Glider
- 3D Mounting Tape from Scotch
- Blue Sakura Glaze pen
- Memento Summer Sky ink
- Memento Bahama Blue ink
To start, I found the silver shimmer sheet was the closest to gray I had, so I embossed the elephant on that, then scuffed it before cutting it out. I also found the fun patterned paper that I thought would be cute with the elephant. The ribbon was the closest I had to the blues in the paper. I had my card base, then cut the patterned paper 1/8 inch smaller for the first layer. Then I cut out the blue card to be a layer on top with another piece of the patterned paper 1/2 inch smaller in height and 1/4 inch smaller in width. Used the braid punch across the top and then wanted some corner pieces for the inside, so I used a scrap of the patterned paper to cut out the corner piece. However, I liked the scrap with the hole in it so much, I cut another piece of paper the same size to cut out the other corner piece.
After going around the edge of my card base with the Summer Sky ink, I put the whole thing together. It was a lot of fun. However, there wasn’t a lot of room on the front for the sentiment, so I put that on the inside.