This is something just a little different for a card. It is called sponging a layer.
- 120 lb Gina K White base weight card stock
- Ranger Distress Ink in broken china
- Inkssentials sponge
- Memento Ink in Bahama Blue
- Butterfly punch by Martha Stewart
- Various Verses stamp set by Gina K.
- Follow Your Dreams stamp set by Gina K. designed by Theresa Momber
- Clear Glaze pen by Sakura
- Blue rhinestones
- scrap white paper
To start, I scored my base at 5-1/2″ and folded it in half. Then I punched a strip of butterflies out of some scrap white paper. I then ripped the scrap white paper so I had a small strip and a larger section. Putting the card base on a scrap piece of paper, I taped the small section of ripped scrap over the top of my card base. The butterfly strip was taped below that with the bottom of the ripped scrap covering the bottom of my card base.
Then I started sponging the Broken China distress ink onto the base, while holding all of the pieces in place.
I then added some rhinestones to the butterflies and at the bottom. Then I went along the edges of my sponged section and around the butterflies with the Sakura clear glaze pen. That doesn’t show up well in the picture, but adds some dimension in real life.