This week I tried working with an acrylic embellishment from ClearScraps.com. I’ve never tried working with acrylic before, so it was fun. Their website said any type of alcohol marker would work, so I used Bic markers. Before I started that, I used one of my Spellbinders Impressabilities to do the letterpress technique.
For the letterpress technique, I used Memento London Fog to ink up the die. Then I ran it through my Cuttlebug with the ink side down on my card stock, which was on top of my embossing mat. That gave me my background with the darker “pebbles”, which I thought looked like a cobblestone street. (My pictures of this technique didn’t turn out. Sorry.) The picture below shows the letterpress technique on the right and using the same die as a stencil on the left.
Then I used the Bic permanent markers to color my Lamp Post. I wasn’t thrilled with the coverage, as there seemed to be areas with less color, so I tried adding more color on top, which didn’t really help.
After giving the ink a couple of hours to dry, I used some Beacons 3-in-1 liquid adhesive on the side with ink and attached it to the letterpress piece. For the sentiment, I had intended to print it from the computer, but the paper wouldn’t go through correctly (only a piece), so I used a Spellbinder die and cut out and embossed the piece, then wrote on my sentiment. The printing didn’t look great to me, but my husband liked it, so on it went.
Thanks for spending some time with me today!