The Simple Salutations challenge on MFP SpeedyTV this week is to use a winter bird. That kind of had me stumped as I figure birds live all year. Anyway, I went with this cute bird button (3D sticker) that I thought went well with the greens I used.
The greens go together much better in person than in this photo.
- Ivory Pure Luxury Heavy Base Weight Card (Gina K.)
- Green Paper (Recollections)
- Hairy Green Thread (Adornments – EK Success)
- Green Ric Rac (??)
- Bird Button/Sticker (K&Company)
- Tree Silhouettes Stamp Set (Gina K.)
- Bamboo Leaves ink (Memento)
- Brown Brush Marker (Marvy Uchida)
On the tree stamp, I used the brown marker to go down the center of the tree and out along some of the branches, then used the green ink pad to tap over it. I was pretty impressed with how the green kind of softened the brown without covering it completely.
Thanks for spending some time with me today. I have been playing with a sketch in my head and trying to figure it out for a few weeks, so hopefully I’ll get that one done tonight or tomorrow.