My friend, Lenda, is expecting a boy in November. There is a baby shower for her, soon, so I wanted to make her a special card. Now, I had 3 separate challenges that I wanted to use this card for, so it took some planning. The weekly challenge at ScrapZee.com this week is to use embossing folders. The Friends of Stamp TV challenge this week is to decorate the corners, so I used a couple of small embossing folders for the corners, too. The weekly challenge at StampTV is to use a hanging element, so I hung my stork from some twine and let him slide across the card to deliver the baby. Now, I wasn’t sure how it would all go together, but I really like the way this one came out.
I have come to realize that I’ve gotten in such a rush and usually post more than one card at once, so I forget to tell you what supplies I used. Now, I know when I look at posts, sometimes I really like something and want to know what it is. So, I’m going to try to post my supply lists from now on, so if you like something you can figure out what it is.
- Base card 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ folded at 4-1/4″ out of white 110lb Georgia Pacific Imagine Plus+
- 5-1/4″ x 4″ blue – I believe this was from a DCWV pack that I got many years ago, but there are only pieces left, so I’m not positive. This was embossed with the Cuttlebug Divine Swirls folder.
- The corner pieces were cut and embossed with a Cuttlebug set that I cannot find the name for, but believe came with my Cuttlebug when I purchased it many years ago. Same white card was used.
- The twine is just that, not sure what the manufacturer is, just have some that I got wrapped around a package.
- The stamp set I used is called Mommy-to-be-Diva from Gina K. and was designed by Debbie Corbari. It was stamped on the same white card and cut out by hand. In case you are wondering, I tend to cut a lot out by hand and usually grab my little ColorBee scissors. If it is something thick, or huge, I tend to use my Tim Holtz scissors with the big red handles. I used the ColorBees on this.
- I also used my Koh-i-Noor Woodless Colour Pencils to color in the image.
No, I probably won’t go into this much detail again, but just wanted to let you know and get you used to it for this one.
Thanks for spending some of your time with me today!