This was a really good Chicken Salad we had last night, so I thought I’d share the recipe. It is from the June/July 2007 issue of Cook’s Country.
Cobb Chicken Salad
Makes about 6 cups, enough for 6 sandwiches.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped fine
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 5 cups cooked chicken breast meat (cut into 1/2 inch chunks)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper (to taste – I put in the measurements I used)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Mix mayonnaise, cheese, sour cream, and lemon juice in large bowl until combined (I put the salt and pepper in here). Add eggs, avocado and chicken, then toss gently until coated. Season with salt and pepper (I put it in above instead). Sprinkle with crumbled bacon. Serve or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
If making in advance, refrigerate bacon separately.
I hope you enjoy this.
Thanks for spending some of your valuable time with me today!