Here is a birthday card I made today using a bit of distressing to de-stress before the holidays are upon us. Wow, is it really only 2 weeks until Thanksgiving?
- Peacock and patterned papers (PaperSource)
- Light blue paper (Bazzil)
- White card stock is Georgia Pacific Image Plus
- Gold embossing powder (Recollections)
- Various Verses and Follow Your Dreams stamp sets (Gina K.)
- Ribbon (Michael’s)
- Petals embossing folder (Crafts-Too)
- Classic Ovals LG, Lacey Ovals and Foliage (Spellbinders)
- Advanced Tape Glider and Mounting Tape (Scotch)
The long strip of paper was torn before I embossed it. The peacock (teal), light blue and patterned paper ovals were all cut with the Lacey Ovals die and then trimmed with scissors. I did a bit of scuffing around the ovals using some fine sandpaper to distress a bit. This was done for the Friends of Speedy TV challenge on MFP SpeedyTV.
Thanks for spending some time with me.
What makes a card “masculine”? That was my question to my family. My husband thought a card with a muscle across it. His other idea was a girl in a bikini. My son said something really simple with just one image that just says, “Happy Birthday” right in the middle inside. My daughter said blues and greens. Hmm, obviously not quite the way I think as you can tell from my last post. Here is what I came up with from their suggestions.
It is blues and greens with “Happy Birthday” right in the center inside. My husband was disappointed I used a dragonfly rather than a big, flexed arm muscle. Like that was going to happen.
This is kind of fun as the dragonfly looks like it’s flying. Unfortunately, it’s not going to be able to go through the mail.
I used a paperclip to get it to fly high. I had to use wire cutters to make it a bit smaller, so hey, there were tools involved. Inside, I used a large glob of glue and covered it with a thick piece of card stock (couldn’t find the same color, which would have been better).
Have some fun in life and try new things!
- Recollections card stock in a teal/turquoise and white
- Hope Grows stamp set from Gina K. Stamps (leaves)
- Follow Your Dreams stamp set from Gina K. Stamps (sentiment)
- Art Accentz Stickeez Decorative Adhesive (dragonfly)
- Green glitter
- Perfect Pearls Mists in Heirloom Gold
- Paint chip from Ace Hardware
Thanks for spending some time with me today! Make sure you come back tomorrow as I am hosing the “Funky Fold” challenge at CardMaker Magazine’s CardSwap, and the instructions and examples will be here.