The Find

With all of that searching, I did find a lot of things I didn’t remember having.  Specifically, I found some fun papers I wanted to use.  The summer ones really stood out to me, so just had some fun with them.

7-27-19 Paper 3

7-27-19 Paper 2       7-26-19 Paper 1
7-26-17 Paper 4

 

I did find some paper that actually had paw prints on it.  Wound up using another piece that wasn’t just paw prints, with a coordinating piece and another Art Impressions Stamp set called:  Doggy Kisses Set.  This is a fabulous set for get well cards.  So here’s another entry for the Art Impressions Blog challenge.

7-27-19 AI Print 2

As I already had all the MFT card out, as well as the twine, the Happy Balloons dies, and the BB Adorable Elephants set, I made another card for the MFT Color challenge, as well.

7-28-19 MFT Color 2

In real life, the glitter card behind this goes amazingly well with the orange colors in the challenge.  My husband did comment on how did the things stick to the “sand background”?  The adhesive works pretty well on the “glitter background”, as long as you don’t bend/flex it a lot.

Now, I found some other papers in the massive search that I thought were fun and I plan to use, but I had to finish the elephant card this morning before church as it was so late, last night.  The papers are out on my desk and I definitely plan to create with them.

Thanks for spending some of your valuable time with me today!

The Search

So, a friend posted on FB about there being a challenge on the Art Impressions Blog to use an animal print on a card.  I looked through the stamps of theirs that I own and found the one I definitely wanted to use.  I wanted her to be wearing a zebra stripe dress and a leopard print jacket.  So, the search for paper with the prints began.  It took hours and I didn’t find a thing that was usable.  So, next step was to see if I had any stamps that would work to make my own paper.  I have a couple zebra stamps, but both were too small to work.  No leopards.  That took a really long time, too.  So, next idea was to find some images online and print them and use that.  Spent some time finding, printing, stamping, cutting, and coming to the conclusion that wouldn’t work, either.  A friend suggested tracing, so took some of the print outs, laid them on a light box, stamped my images, then used the fine point on a Spectrum Noir marker to trace.  It was too thick, but I just went with it.  Just getting to this point on the card took about 4-5 hours.  It’s not my favorite card, as my tracing isn’t as nice as I would have liked, but it’s definitely better than my trying to draw it freehand.  Here’s what I wound up with:

7-26-19 AI Print

The Art Impressions stamp set I used is called: Fire Out Set.  Such a fun one.

While I was on the search, I also had in mind an idea for the MFT Color Challenge.  Found some paper that would work with the Wild Wisteria and Cement Gray colors in the challenge, so pulled out my card and found all 4 of the colors and used a die from the Concord and 9th Happy Balloon Die set, and the BB Adorable Elephants set.  Here’s what I came up with:

7-27-19 MFT Color 1

Had fun with this one.

It was a long search and I didn’t find what I was looking for, but still made a couple of cards.

Thanks for spending some of your time with me today!