I haven’t done one of the Hero Arts challenges in quite a while, so wanted to join in when I saw this one. The challenge is to do a spring card. I looked through the stamps I have of theirs and decided I wanted to use one of the Hero Arts Kits from way back: MH0417C. Here’s what I came up with:
I choose one of the shaving cream and acrylic paint backgrounds I did a while back that had a lot of green in it, so I can use this for the Simon Says Stampchallenges, as well. Used another background panel I did a while back that I thought would be fun for this spring looking dress. Added a bit of colored pencil and Sakura Stardust Pens to highlight a bit of color here and there in both the bouquet and her dress.
Had fun making this. Thank you for spending some of your valuable time with me today! Enjoy the rest of your day and do something fun.
Some friends played along with a Tic-Tac-Toe challenge by Double Trouble. I’d never seen any of their challenges, so I went and checked it out. Had fun with this one, which is also going towards 2 other challenges, one for The Paper Funday Challenges, and one for Hero Arts.
To make this, I used 3 different patterned papers. Two were from a Gina K Designs set and I don’t remember where the third came from. I also used two Hero Arts stencils for the background, the first was a leaf like one with some crackle paste that I added green acrylic paint to. It was a pretty rich green when I mixed it, but dried to this aqua color. Then used some ink and some Nuvo sparkle spray through another, over the top. The pumpkin was from a brass embossing stencil that I used ink through, them embossing paste. The Thanks was die cut with a Stampin’ Up! set of word dies.
I had fun with this one, as I tried different things to create it.
For the Tic-Tac-Toe challenge on Double Trouble Challenge, for Thing 1, I used the Pumpkin, Patterned Paper, and Embossing or Stencil down the left column. Hey, I even got the top row: Pumpkin, Leaf, Dies; and the cross top left to bottom right as I used fall colors. Got the top right to bottom left cross, too. Okay, this is fun. For Thing 3, it is a sentiment card. For Thing 2, I did the Paper Funday Challenge of a Thanks card. Hero Arts was also a Thank You card challenge.
Thank you for taking the time to check out my Thanks card for all these challenges. Have a great rest of your Thanksgiving weekend!
I try and do a set of Christmas cards each month, so there are enough come November, when I get them ready to mail. I did a large set in February, which took me until the end of March to get finished, so I did another large set for April. That way, I have enough, even though I didn’t do a set for March.
I love that Christmas cards was the Stay Crafty with Hero Challenge #5. I used their Layering Betta set, as well as the MMH March 2019 Kit. I also used lots of different inks.
Made my own sentiment, as what I wanted to say was not anything I have, or have seen. Though I did Christmas cards a few years ago with goldfish wearing sweaters and used a very similar sentiment.
So, not typical Christmas cards, but fun ones. There are 4 different colors of fish throughout the set.
Thanks for using some of your valuable time to check out what I made.
The sentiment is a piece of vellum that I used alcohol ink on. I liked it so much that I made sure the colors were used when I colored, so it would work. Had fun using colored pencils to color my card. This set is called Penguins in Paradise, which unfortunately, has been retired.
Spent some time yesterday making some alcohol ink panels and loved this one for a water scene. Decided to emboss the bird onto some white shimmer paper rather than trying to emboss on the Yupo paper background and paint. Either my Versamark pad is getting dry, though I’m pretty sure I reinked it last week, or it just doesn’t stick well to the shimmer sheet, but there were some areas that the black embossing powder didn’t get as well. As I had freehand stamped it, didn’t want to try lining it up again, so just used a black pen to fill in the thin areas.
I used some small pieces of the background to decorate the inside, as well.
I used some black archival ink to stamp the image inside, as well as the sentiment on the front. I was impressed with how well it did.
On Friday, I worked on my challenge for the WeCraftCards.com challenge for this coming week, but I won’t put it on here, as I don’t want to give away the challenge.
Thanks for spending some of your valuable time with me today.