This is one way to play with die cut shapes. The background, as well as the main image are all done using the same shape, just differing sizes. The whole card is done using the same stamp, as well, except for the sentiment.
- Follow Your Dreams illustrated by Theresa Momber (Gina K. Designs)
- Tuxedo Black and London Fog Memento ink (Tsukineko)
- Large Octagon (Spellbinders)
- White and gray card (Recollections)
Thanks for spending some time with me today! Now, go out and enjoy the rest of it. 😉
What makes a card “masculine”? That was my question to my family. My husband thought a card with a muscle across it. His other idea was a girl in a bikini. My son said something really simple with just one image that just says, “Happy Birthday” right in the middle inside. My daughter said blues and greens. Hmm, obviously not quite the way I think as you can tell from my last post. Here is what I came up with from their suggestions.
It is blues and greens with “Happy Birthday” right in the center inside. My husband was disappointed I used a dragonfly rather than a big, flexed arm muscle. Like that was going to happen.
This is kind of fun as the dragonfly looks like it’s flying. Unfortunately, it’s not going to be able to go through the mail.
I used a paperclip to get it to fly high. I had to use wire cutters to make it a bit smaller, so hey, there were tools involved. Inside, I used a large glob of glue and covered it with a thick piece of card stock (couldn’t find the same color, which would have been better).
Have some fun in life and try new things!
- Recollections card stock in a teal/turquoise and white
- Hope Grows stamp set from Gina K. Stamps (leaves)
- Follow Your Dreams stamp set from Gina K. Stamps (sentiment)
- Art Accentz Stickeez Decorative Adhesive (dragonfly)
- Green glitter
- Perfect Pearls Mists in Heirloom Gold
- Paint chip from Ace Hardware
Thanks for spending some time with me today! Make sure you come back tomorrow as I am hosing the “Funky Fold” challenge at CardMaker Magazine’s CardSwap, and the instructions and examples will be here.