I decided to check out some challenges that I haven’t done in a while, today.  Did this one for the WeCraftCards weekly challenge: Mahjong.  We’ve been doing challenges based on games for June and will in July, as well.  It’s been fun seeing games I haven’t played before, as well as fun ways to do challenges using the games.  Apparently, Mahjong is a tile matching game, so we were supposed to use matching embellishments.  Also did this for the Mod Squad challenge this week of using fruit.

6-26-20 WCC MS Strawberries

Shakers may not be embellishments, but I had fun making two of the same.  Happened upon the green piece while looking for pieces to cut the stems from and thought it was perfect for the background.

Definitely had fun with this and have another idea for both these challenges in the works.

Thanks for spending some time with me today!



I have a friend who has one of those “big” birthday’s coming up, so wanted to make a card that she would enjoy.  She loves strawberries in decorating, so wanted to get the look of strawberries.

5-12-19 MFT Sketch Mary M

My husband said he never would have thought of strawberries looking at this.  Let me tell you, I spent a really long time, last night, coloring that piece red and adding white dots.  I used a GKD stencil, which wasn’t labeled, so no clue what it’s called.  Also used candied apple and mowed lawn distress inks, some ribbon from someplace, and the Queen for the Day MFT stamp set.

What do you think?  Strawberries?

Thanks for spending some of your valuable time with me today!  I look forward to seeing what you think.


Summer Berry Card

Had fun making this strawberry card for the MFP SpeedyTV Friends of SpeedyTV challenge this week.  I adhered the red cardstock to the front of my white A2 card base, then used a scalloped heart to cut through all layers and make my strawberry.  Then, I used a dot embossing folder to make the seed spots on the front of the card.  Fortunately, I checked before I ran it through as I needed it upside down to put dips rather than dots on.  Cut a flower piece out of green and attached it at the top for the cap.  I thought about putting a green ribbon bow for the stem, but decided it would be too much.  Pretty quick and easy card.  The sentiment was just stamped and cut around.  I did go over “berry” with a Sakura Stardust pen in red to make it shine.

8-5-13 MFP Berry (1024x1015)

Your eyes aren’t going bad, the picture is a tad blurry.  Out of the 7 pictures I took, this was the clearest.  Not sure why.

Thanks for spending time with me today!